Wednesday, February 19, 2014

From packet ketchup into a dinner dish


I have recently been bugged by a dilemma between eating out or homemade solo meals. 
One requires extra budget from my not-so-fancy job, while the other prolong hunger time after work.
Well, I found a balance and slowly starting to like the creativity it takes for a kinda-lazy chef to whip up a meal!

takeaway-meal-packet-ketchup



sweet-sour chicken balls
 Turning packet ketchup into sweet sour sauce was genius! I have these packets lying around from takeaways and I never use them in sandwiches. So yeah, why not this?!
I dilute the sauce with some boiling hot water and add them into the dish.

Ingredients I saw in fridge:
  • chicken balls (from a steamboat party)
  • green beans from Bukit Tinggi bought 2 weeks ago
  • carrot (took 1/3 of it)
  • half a tomato
  • onion
  • oyster sauce 
And some salt, sugar and starch.

Stirfry them all and let the dish simmer about 3 minutes on the stove. And we're done!


It may be a loner's meal, but a full loner is a happy loner!

No comments:

Post a Comment